Hi all

Last Tuesday evening we enjoyed a great evening of music

With Terry Seabrook who took us through some nice pieces.

One was Mack The Knife which had some really nice backing parts to play behind the solos.  Then we did a blues For Gwen by McCoy Tyner which had second parts that echoed the main melody a very nice piece to play.

We followed that with a Woody Shaw composition Theme for Maxine a thirty two bar theme played as a jazz waltz.

A big thank you to Terry for all his input.

This coming Tuesday our tutor is Simon D'Souza

Who sent me the information below?

Hi Andre

For next week, I'm not sure what tune's I'm going to do yet, but I was thinking of covering some Diminished and Bebop scales.  I've made up a hand-out.  Please ask the members to look at diminished scale exercises 1 and 2 and bebop scale 1, 2 and possibly 3.

 Cheers

Simon

See you Tuesday

André